Introduce the rider you are today to the one you’ll be tomorrow. Improve every day with Edge 540, the cycling computer with button controls and targeted adaptive coaching1. It’s the optimal gear to prepare you for upcoming races or personal milestones.
View daily suggested workouts and training prompts on screen; get personalised coaching based on your event that adapts to your current training load and recovery1. Compare your cycling ability to the demands of a specific course and focus your training in the right areas, when paired with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor. See remaining ascent and grade when climbing so you can gauge your effort with ClimbPro, now available on every ride with no course necessary.
Manage your efforts with the power guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course, when paired with your compatible power meter. Advanced cycling metrics give insight on performance from variable conditions1. Evaluate your performance indicators to see if you’re training productively1. See how your body is holding up with heat and altitude acclimation1. Also stay fuelled on a ride with notifications when it’s time to hydrate or eat.
Ride with preloaded maps that include worldwide MTB trail data from Trailforks. Find your way with multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy. Get routing suited to your ride, whether you’re on mountain, gravel or road. Your Edge finds the best route — choosing from roads (and trails) most travelled. Stay on track with turn-by-turn directions and alerts. Message the pack if you get separated, when paired with your compatible smartphone. Also check each other’s location with GroupTrack — and track up to 50 riders at once2.
The incident detection feature sends a message with your location2 to emergency contacts after an on- or off-road incident. With the LiveTrack feature loved ones can follow your location, when paired with your compatible smartphone.
Smart trainer compatibility so this Edge can pair with an indoor trainer to track your home rides. Edge can also connect to your eBike that’s compatible with ANT+ technology or SHIMANO STEPS.
- Get up to 42 hours of battery life on a single charge in battery saver mode.
- Enjoy superior accuracy with multi-band GNSS technology.
- Get stamina insights1 while you ride to know how much longer you can crush it.
- Push your performance with daily suggested workouts1.
- Cycle like a local with ride type-specific maps and navigation.
- Quickly set up your new device by transferring existing ride data and profiles.
- In-Ride power compatible (power mount and Garmin charge battery pack)
- Dimensions: 57.8 x 85.1 x 19.6 mm (2.3″ x 3.4″ x 0.8″)
- Colour display
- Display size: 2.6″ (66 mm) diagonal
- Display resolution: 246 x 322 pixels
- Weight: 80.4 g
- Water rating: IPX7
- Battery type: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 26 hours
- Maps & Memory: Ability to add maps
- Maps & Memory (Basemap): Preloaded Garmin cycle map
- Maps & Memory (External memory storage): 16 GB
- Maps & Memory (waypoints/favourites/locations): 200
- Maps & Memory (navigation routes): 100 Courses
- Maps & Memory (History): Up to 200 hours
- Sensors (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO and more)
- Daily Smart Features (Smart Notifications, Weather and more)
- Safety and Tracking Features (LiveTrack, Incident Detection and more)
- Activity Tracking Features (Calories Burned, Intensity Minutes)
- Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- Outdoor Recreation Features
- Cycling Features
What’s in the box:
- Edge 540 cycling computer
- Mounts (standard and out-front)
- USB-C cable
1 When paired with compatible sensors.
2 When paired with your compatible smartphone. For safety and tracking feature requirements and limitations, see Garmin.com/safety.
3 Satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices. It is your responsibility to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used.