Scanpan 6-Piece Knife Block Set in Oak featuring "Classic" knives. Inspired by the 700-year-old castle of the same name, the Scanpan Kalo block is made from quality Oak. This wood is known for its durability and attractive wood grain. It is less likely to warp when exposed to sunlight and possesses good water- resistant properties. Visibility of the knives is also maximised by its design.
The Oak set consists of the following Scanpan Classic Knives:
- 9cm Paring Knife - ideal for peeling with precision
- 15cm Utility Knife - the indispensable!
- 20cm Chef's Knife - ideal for meat
- 20cm Bread Knife - effortlessly slice through crusty Danish loaves
- 20cm Carving Knife - for the largest roast to a delicate Danish pastry
Danish design and modern production technology are combined in this knife series. Each knife has blades sharpened with a new grinding technique for improved and long-lasting performance. The knives are robust and manufactured with optimum weight and balance around the knife shoulder, with an ergonomically designed handle featuring a rounded back for greater finger comfort.
- Tested and rated excellent
- Optimum and enduring cutting performance
- Superb weight distribution and balance
- Made with high quality German knife steel
- Blade optimally tempered to hardness rating of HRC 56
- Ergonomic handle geometry with rounded design
- Bolster shaped for improved grip
Maintenance and Care
- Cutting on a soft, non-abrasive surface such as a bamboo timber or plastic cutting board will help prevent premature dulling of the blade.
- Dishwasher safe. We recommend hand-washing and drying thoroughly after use.