RVR+ is Sphero’s revolutionary take on the programmable robot and is optimised for high school classrooms and makerspaces. It’s drivable right out of the box, packed with a diverse suite of sensors, and built for customisation. RVR+ is expandable and made for novice to advanced programmers. Students learn coding skills and computer science basics with the free Sphero Edu app or advanced programmers can level up with the Public Sphero SDK to program with Python and connect third-party hardware.
Beginners can start out with Draw & Drive before diving into Scratch Blocks. Ready for more? Integrate RVR+'s powerful on-board sensors into your programming projects and coding creations, then share them with the world.
A powerful motor, all-terrain treads, and plenty of torque give you the freedom to drive RVR+ just about anywhere. RVR+ also features a precise, professional-level control system that won’t be deterred by obstacles or uneven surfaces.
RVR+'s on-board sensors include a colour sensor, light sensor, IR, magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyroscope. Navigate RVR+ through a colour maze or tap into IR to play with bot-to-bot communication.
With RVR+’s 4-pin UART expansion port and on-board power, you can attach and run third-party hardware like a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, or Sphero littleBits. Want RVR+ to be your home security sentry, an autonomous metal detector or an environmental sensor you can control over the internet? Chances are, if you can hack it, RVR+ can do it.
- No assembly or complicated setup required
- Advanced sensors - including an improved colour sensor
- Enhanced gearbox - for improved torque, payload capacity and durability
- Build on it - simple enough for the novice and advanced enough to create anything you imagine
- Rechargeable battery - new and improved, and swappable
- Infrared communication
- Live sensors
- Universal expansion port
- Bluetooth communication
- 2-hour playtime
- Compatible and programmable with the Sphero Edu app
- Compatible with Sphero Public SDK
What's in the box:
- RVR+ mobile robot
- Removable cover plate and developer plate with quick-release button
- Removable, protective roll cage
- Removable and rechargeable battery
- Universal, 4-Pin UART expansion port for connecting 3rd party hardware like Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or micro:bit (products sold separately)
- 5V 2.1A USB-A on-board connectivity to power your projects using RVR+’s battery
Sphero Edu app is available for download on iOS, Android, and Chrome OS.
RVR+ / RVR Comparison Chart